Aims and Objectives
The following aims and objectives were agreed in December 2017 and will be reviewed from time to time
- To provide effective, efficient and accountable local government for the parish, enabling residents to be involved in the life of the community.
- To be a strong voice for residents, working to improve the villages and hamlets, while preserving the uniqueness of heritage areas.
- To understand and communicate the views, needs and aspirations of residents to statutory and non-governmental bodies as required
- Evaluate and support projects which contribute to the development and wellbeing of the community
- Increase public involvement in the community by ensuring the parish council and its activities are open, transparent and accountable to residents
- Support where appropriate local business and economic activities
- Work with the Borough Council to provide safe, healthy and timely opportunities for recreation, leisure and education, and to provide, improve and maintain local public services and spaces.
- To support the work of village voluntary organizations through grants and practical support
- Respond to planning applications and other statutory consultations on time, ensuring that recommendations made to the Borough Council adhere to any statutory regulations, and the interests of the community.
- Promote, within our community, activities, which support the principles of environmental sustainability and an ethical society, working to keep public places clean and safe.
- Ensure that Councillors and Staff have access to high quality training and development opportunities.