Following boundary changes in the 1970’s, the village of Tosside now straddles county borders. The Eastern part of the village is in Yorkshire, whilst the West is now part of Lancashire and is part of the Parish of Gisburn Forest.
The name Tosside is derived from two Viking words,Todd, the fox and Sett, the high pasture.
St Bartholomew’s Church, dating back to 1640 is famous for its 17th century octagonal font and a Jacobean pulpit dating from1701. Weekly services still take place every Sunday. Mount Zion Chapel is situated to the west of the village where services are held at Whitsuntide, Harvest and Christmas.
Alongside the church is a Community Centre, a modern purpose built centre which is actively used for a large range of events and meetings. These include whist drives, concerts, weddings, dances and Sunday night gatherings.
Although small with only around 150 residents, Tosside has an active social scene and is a very friendly community
Very much a hillside village, Tosside contains many upland farms and rural family homes. The village is blessed with magnificent scenery and amenities having Pendle Hill, Bleasedale Fells and Stocks Reservoir to the north and west with Penygent and The Yorkshire Dales to the north and east.